RAIL is located in the Harry Schnabel, Jr. building on the CERL campus; therefore, access to the facility is closely monitored and controlled. If you plan to visit the laboratory you will need to follow the instructions below at least three (3) weeks in advance of your visit:
U.S. Citizens will need to provide:
- As of 22 February 2016 we are no longer able to use as a sole source ID, any Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, Washington and America Samoa driver's license and ID cards. We can, however, accept an Illinois license in conjunction with a University of Illinois "I" card, Illinois FOID card, passport, conceal carry permit (no weapons allowed though), and VA cards.
Non U.S. Citizens will need to provide:
- Full name
- A scan of your passport and
- A scan of your visa (if applicable)
To access the site on the date(s) of your visit, you will need:
- A government issued ID (drivers license, passport, etc.) and steel toed boots
- Hard hats and safety glasses will be provided
Please send all materials to mdersch2 at illinois.edu with an email
subject line of "RAIL Access Request".
Access to the research facility is primarily through the gate off Farber Drive.
See map for more details.