University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
1238 Newmark Engineering Laboratory, MC-250
205 N. Mathews Ave.
Urbana, IL 61801
Tel: (217) 300-7538
Fax: (217) 333-9464
2015 BS (Civil Engineering) Federal University of Vicosa, Brazil
2017 MS (Civil Engineering) University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
2018 AREMA Michael and Gina Garcia Rail Engineering Scholarship
Arthur de Oliveira Lima joined RailTEC in 2018 as a Research Engineer. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from the Federal University of Vicosa (2015) in Brazil with a portion of his studies conducted at the University of Waterloo in Canada, and a Master of Science in Civil Engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2017) focusing on railroad infrastructure related research. Mr. Lima’s research interests involve all aspects of rail civil infrastructure, from either the materials, components, or structures perspective.
Current RailTEC Associations
- Research Staff
Previous RailTEC Associations
- Master's Student
- (Currently viewing) Sorted By Type |
- Sorted By Year
- Dersch, M.S., M. Trizotto Silva, J.R. Edwards, A. de O. Lima and T.A. Roadcap. 2020. Analytical method to estimate railroad spike fastener stress. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board. doi:10.1177/0361198120949259.
- Branson, J.M., M.S. Dersch, A. de O. Lima, J.R. Edwards and J.C. Bastos. 2019. Identification of the under-tie pad material characteristics for stress state reduction. Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit. doi:10.1177/0954409719890156.
- Branson, J.M., M.S. Dersch, A. de O. Lima, J.R. Edwards and J-Y. Kim. 2019. Analysis of geometric ballast plate for laboratory testing of resilient track components. Transportation Geotechnics. 20 (100240).
- Lima, A. de O., M.S. Dersch, E. Tutumluer, J.R. Edwards and Y. Qian. 2018. Support condition and traffic loading patterns influencing laboratory determination of under-ballast mat bedding modulus and insertion loss. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board. 2672 (10): 74-84. doi:10.1177/0361198118793501.
- Lima, A. de O., M.S. Dersch, Y. Qian, E. Tutumluer and J.R. Edwards. 2018. Laboratory fatigue performance of under-ballast mats under varying loads and support conditions. Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit, Part F. doi:10.1177/0954409718795920.
- Lima, A. de O., M.S. Dersch, E. Tutumluer, J.R. Edwards and Y. Qian. 2018. Support Condition and Traffic Loading Patterns Influencing Laboratory Determination of Under Ballast Mat Bedding Modulus and Insertion Loss. In: Proceedings of Transportation Research Board 97th Annual Conference. Washington, DC. doi:10.1177/0361198118793501.
- Lima, A. de O., M.S. Dersch, Y. Qian, E. Tutumluer and J.R. Edwards. 2017. Laboratory Evaluation of Under-ballast Mat Effectiveness to Mitigate Differential Movement Problem in Railway Transition Zones. In: 10th International Conference on the Bearing Capacity of Roads, Railways and Airfields. Athens, Greece. doi:10.1201/9781315100333-279.
- Lima, A. de O., M.S. Dersch, Y. Qian, E. Tutumluer and J.R. Edwards. 2017. Laboratory Mechanical Fatigue Performance of Under-ballast Mats Subjected to North American loading Conditions. In: Proceedings of the 11th International Heavy Haul Association Conference. Cape Town, South Africa.
Monographs and Reports
- Edwards, J.R., M.S. Dersch and A. de O. Lima. 2020. Resilient Concrete Crosstie and Fastening System Designs for Light, Heavy, and Commuter Rail Transit. Federal Transit Administration, Washington, DC, pp. 124, Report No. 0158.