2013 BS (Mechanical Engineering) Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
2016 MS (Civil Engineering) University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
2020 PhD (Civil Engineering) University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
2017 AREMA Michael and Gina Garcia Rail Engineering Scholarship
2018 AREMA Committee 4 – Art Worth Memorial Scholarship
2019 AREMA Committee 27 (Maintenance-of-Way Work Equipment) – Josef W. Neuhofer Memorial Scholarship
2019-2020 University of Illinois Mavis Future Faculty Fellow
2020 AREMA Committee 30 – Ties
Previous RailTEC Associations
- Master's Student
- Doctoral Student
- Sorted By Type |
- (Currently viewing) Sorted By Year
- Bastos, J.C., M.S. Dersch and J.R. Edwards. 2022. Degradation mechanisms of concrete due to water flow in cracks of prestressed railroad sleepers under cyclic loading. Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering. 34 (4) doi:10.1061/(ASCE)MT.1943-5533.0004144.
- Bastos, J.C., M.S. Dersch and J.R. Edwards. 2020. Statistical prediction of center negative bending capacity of pretensioned concrete crossties. Journal of Transportation Engineering, Part A: Systems. doi:10.1177/0954409719854569.
- Branson, J.M., M.S. Dersch, A. de O. Lima, J.R. Edwards and J.C. Bastos. 2019. Identification of the under-tie pad material characteristics for stress state reduction. Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit. doi:10.1177/0954409719890156.
- Edwards, J.R., Y. Liang, J.C. Bastos and M.S. Dersch. 2019. Development of a parametric model for the prediction of concrete railway crosstie service bending moments. Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit. doi:10.1177/0954409719888068.
- Bastos, J.C., A. Alvarez Reyes, M.S. Dersch, J.R. Edwards and C.P.L. Barkan. 2018. Laboratory Characterization of Structural Capacity of North American Heavy Haul Concrete Crossties. In: Proceedings of Transportation Research Board 97th Annual Conference. Washington, DC. doi:10.1177/0361198118782250.
- Bastos, J.C., A. Alvarez Reyes, M.S. Dersch, J.R. Edwards and C.P.L. Barkan. 2018. Laboratory characterization of structural capacity of North American heavy haul concrete crossties. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board. 2672 (10): 116-124. doi:10.1177/0361198118782250.
- Bastos, J.C., J.R. Edwards, M.S. Dersch and B.O. Andrawes. 2018. Laboratory analysis of track gauge restraining capacity of center-cracked railway concrete sleepers with various support conditions. Engineering Failure Analysis. 94: 354-363. doi:10.1016/j.engfailanal.2018.08.018.
- Bastos, J.C., A. Alvarez Reyes, M.S. Dersch and J.R. Edwards. 2017. Development of a New Load-deflection Method for Characterization of North American Heavy Haul Concrete Sleepers. In: Proceedings of the 11th International Heavy Haul Association Conference. Cape Town, South Africa.
- Bastos, J.C., M.S. Dersch, J.R. Edwards and B.O. Andrawes. 2017. Flexural behavior of concrete crossties under different support conditions. American Society of Civil Engineers Journal of Transportation Engineering. 143 (12): 04017064. doi:10.1061/JTEPBS.0000097.
- Bastos, J.C., M.S. Dersch, J.R. Edwards and B.O. Andrawes. 2016. Determination of the Influences of Deteriorated Track Conditions on Gauge Widening in Concrete Sleeper Track. In: Proceedings of the 11th World Congress on Railway Research. Milan, Italy. June 2016.
- Bastos, J.C., M.S. Dersch, J.R. Edwards and C.P.L. Barkan. 2015. Determination of Critical Track Conditions and their Impact on the Performance of Concrete Crossties and Fastening Systems. In: Proceedings of the American Railway Engineering and Maintenance-of-Way Association Annual Conference. Minneapolis, MN.